The Ultimate Doom is an updated version of Doom released on April 30, 1995, that adds a fourth nine-level episode, Thy Flesh Consumed, which contains seven regular levels, one secret level, and one boss level.
The player takes control of an unnamed marine who must battle his way through four episodes, and single-handedly eliminate each guardian of Hell; the twin Barons of Hell (E1M8), the Cyberdemon (E2M8), the Spider Mastermind (E3M8), and another Spider Mastermind (E4M8).
Sigil (stylized as SI6IL) is a fifth episode for Doom by John Romero, released on June 1st, 2019. Sigil takes place after E4M8 and before Doom II. After killing the Spiderdemon, Doomguy’s next stop is Earth. However, Baphomet glitched the final teleporter with his hidden sigil, which brings Doomguy to even darker shores of Hell. The Doomguy has to fight through this stygian pocket of evil to confront the ultimate harbingers of Satan, then finally return to become Earth’s savior.
- Knee Deep in the Dead
- The Shores of Hell
- Thy Flesh Consumed
Sigil v1.21 Changelog
- episode menu is now expanded to include ALL FIVE episodes (previously, Sigil replaced Inferno)
- sky texture when loading E5 maps is set properly
- ending picture after the text works properly
- idmus4x plays E4 music, idmus5x plays E5 music, idmus6x plays intro, intermission, etc.
- PWAD headers don’t trigger “modified game” warning anymore during autoload of sigil.wad
- E5M8 does not prematurely end anymore